Lalor Secondary College is a high demand school. As a result, we have very clear enrolment guidelines to manage the enrolment procedures of students wishing to attend the college. We foster a culture of pride, achievement, caring, cooperation and honesty.
A condition of enrolment at Lalor Secondary College is adherence to the school rules and policies. The compulsory uniform policy for students encourages a sense of identity and pride in themselves and in the College.
Parents and students should review and become familiar with the school’s policies and expectations.
Attendance at all classes, including Home Group assembly, is compulsory. Regular punctual attendance is essential.
Parents are requested to ring the college and leave a message for the Attendance Officer on 9463-7371 whenever their child is absent from school. If no message is received, parents will be contacted by either a phone call or SMS. It is therefore important that the college always has the parents’ current contact details.
Following the absence, parents are requested to send a note to the Home Group Teacher confirming the dates and reasons for the absence. This note must be signed by the parent/guardian.
The school day at Lalor SC consists of 6 periods each of 49 minutes. Home Group sessions occur 4 times a week for 5 minutes each session. Home Group sessions occur on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
|Session||Start Time||Finish Time|
|Home Group||8:51 am||8:56 am|
|Period 1||8:56 am||9:45 am|
|Period 2||9:45 am||10:34 am|
|Recess||10:34 am||10:59 am|
|Period 3||10:59 am||11:48 am|
|Period 4||11:48 am||12:37 pm|
|Lunch||12:37 pm||1:27 pm|
|Period 5||1:27 pm||2:16 pm|
|Period 6||2:16 pm||3:05 pm|
- Anaphylaxis Policy 2017
- Anti smoking Policy 2016-2018
- Camps Policy 2016-2018
- CCTV Policy 2018-2020
- Child Safe Policy 2017-2018
- Communication Policy 2015-2017
- Duty of Care Policy 2016-2018
- Excursion Policy 2015-2017
- Learning Assessmernt and Reporting Policy 2017-2018
- Mandatory Reporting Policy 2016-2018
- Medication Policy 2016-2018
- Modified Assessment Policy 2017-2019
- Onsite Supervision Policy 2014-2017
- Parent Payment Policy 2016-2017
- Personal Digital Device Policy 2016
- Promotion Policy Years 8 to 12
- Raising Concerns & Complaints Policy 2015-2017
- School Bus Policy 2018-2020
- Student Code of Behaviour Policy 2017-2018
- Student Engagement Policy 2017-2019
- Sunsmart UV Policy 2015-2017
- Uniform Policy 2017-2018
- VCE Policy Staff and Student Handbook 2018
- Visitors Policy 2016-2018