The curriculum promotes higher academic standards and challenges students to achieve their best. To meet the specific needs of the Lalor school community, a wide range of core and specialist subjects are offered.
Subjects are undertaken through a number of Key Learning Areas (KLAs):
- Arts, which includes the Visual Arts, the Performing Arts (Music and Drama)
- English, including English as an Additional Language (EAL)
- Health and Physical Education (HPE)
- Humanities, which consists of: History, Geography, Civics and Economics
- Languages (Italian, French, Greek and Macedonian)
- Technology, which includes: Food Technology, Product Design & Technology; and Digital Technologies.
Our Year 7 – 10 courses are based on the Victorian Curriculum and taught to this approved documentation. The curriculum for Years 11 & 12 is set by the VCAA, with Lalor Secondary College offering a wide range of Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE), Vocational Educational Training (VET) and Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) courses. These provide students with numerous pathways to success once Secondary schooling is completed.
The detailed year level handbooks are provided as a parent and student information resource relating to all subjects, school organisation and processes. Year level information evenings supplement the handbook information.
- It is essential that all parents and student access the following Handbooks in order to be fully informed as to the individual subject choices.
- Please click here to download Lalor Secondary College 2024-2025 VCE & Vocational Major Handbook.
- Please click here to download Lalor Secondary College 2020-2022 Year 7 & 8 Handbook.
- Please click here to download Lalor Secondary College 2023 Year 9 Handbook.
- Please click here to download Lalor Secondary College 2023 Year 10 Handbook.